- Live my life, pay attention, ask hard questions, engage in deep conversations, and follow my curiosity.
- Notice a story I want to exist in the world.
- Write it.
- Edit it.
- Finish it.
- Share it with people who have a specific, personal reason to love it.
- Publish it (myself or with a publisher).
- Reflect on what I can learn from it.
Complement with advice for authors, my conversations with fellow writers, and finding your voice.
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox:
Eliot Peper is the author of Breach, Borderless, Bandwidth, Cumulus, True Blue, Neon Fever Dream, and the Uncommon Series. His writing has appeared in the Verge, Tor.com, Harvard Business Review, VICE, OneZero, TechCrunch, and the Los Angeles Review of Books, and he has given talks at Google, Comic Con, Future in Review, and SXSW.
This blog exists thanks to the generous support of loyal readers. Become a member.